This warm and comforting mild vegetarian curry is simple to make and full of flavour. Make up a batch and portion into single serves for a quick lunch at home or work.
Panang curry paste is quite mild. If you want a spicer curry, choose a curry paste with more heat. You can also add some chopped fresh chili or dried chili.
Swap out the pumpkin for sweet potato and the green beans for another green vegetable like broccoli or spinach.
Watch the video
Click here to watch the Instagram reel I made showing how to make this delicious curry.
Pumpkin, Tofu & Green Bean Curry
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min
A delicious vegetarian curry that is simple to make and full of flavour.
- 200g pumpkin, peeled and diced into 2cm pieces
- 225g firm tofu, diced
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Panang Curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cooked rice to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saute pan over high heat and add tofu.
- Cook tofu until golden. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until onion is soft.
- Add curry paste, brown sugar and fish sauce and stir until combined.
- Add pumpkin, stock and coconut milk. Stir and then simmer with the lid on until pumpkin is tender.
- Add green beans and tofu and cook for a further 5 minutes or until beans are just tender.
- Serve with rice